Due to technical difficulties, the July 25th Public Art Commission Meeting will not be recorded or livestreamed. We are working on resolving this issue. We strongly encourage online viewers to attend the meeting in-person. We will also post a recap of the meeting on our social media platforms the following day. Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

Encroachment Permits

The City of Chamblee’s Public Works Department uses the encroachment permit portal for all submissions of future work on the city’s right of way. All applications must be submitted with an attached work site plan and all projects requiring lane/sidewalk closures must be submitted with a traffic control plan. 

All permit applications must be submitted to the Public Works Department a minimum of two weeks prior to the start date of work on the city's right of way.

Notice: Starting June 1, 2020 the City of Chamblee has applied an encroachment permit fee schedule.  All new permits created in the permit portal shall be confirmed with an invoice quote for the overall permit price.  Review and routing of permits will not begin prior to the receipt of the $50 application fee.  Approved permit applications shall not be issued until the remaining balance owed is paid.  The remaining balance will be invoiced upon approval of the application.

Encroachment Permit Portal


Please email The Encroachment Permitting Team at the following, cpoythress@chambleega.gov 

Small Cell Encroachment Permitting Guide

  1. 2020 Encroachment Permit Fee Schedule NoticePDF
  2. Encroachment Permit Tutorial ver 09.11.2020PDF
  3. Permitting - Small Cell Encroachment Permits - Contractor Tut_02142020PDF

Helpful Links for Utility Permitting in Chamblee

The City of Chamblee does not review or approve permits for water and sanitary sewer connections.  We do not review or approve these permits because they belong Dekalb County.  Below, you will find a list of utilities that offer service within the City of Chamblee.  
When you apply for an ROWE (Right of Way Encroachment) with the City of Chamblee, we are only issuing you temporary access to conduct your activities within the City of Chamblee right of way.  Any utility encroachments will have to be applied for with the provider directly.