Vacant & Foreclosed Property Registry
>> To review the Vacant/Foreclosed Real Property Registration ordinance, click here.
This vacant and foreclosure real property registry requires owners and agents to provide the City with official information for contacting a party responsible for bringing foreclosed and vacant real property into compliance with applicable provisions of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Chamblee. It shall be the responsibility of each owner or agent of any vacant real property to file a complete registration statement with the Planning and Development Department within 14 days of such property becoming vacant.
RequirementsThe owner registering vacant real property shall supply the following information on an authorized registration statement provided by the Planning and Development Department:
- The real property owner's name, street address, mailing address, phone number, and email address;
- The agent's name, street address, mailing address, phone number, and email address;
- The real property's street address and tax parcel number;
- The transfer date of the instrument conveying the real property to the owner; and
- At such time as it becomes available, recording information, including deed book and page numbers, of the instrument conveying the real property to the owner
- The owner shall register vacant real property with the Chamblee Police Department Trespass Affidavit Program (TAP), to combat recurring trespassing problems.
- Vacant/Foreclosed real property shall comply with all other applicable codes of ordinances.