- If a court appearance is not required, the citation will usually have the bond amount displayed on it. These citations may be paid at the Chamblee Police Department Records Section during regular business hours, which are 8:00 am to 6:00 pm between Monday and Friday.
- If the bond amount is not listed on the ticket, visit the online payment portal.
- If a court appearance is required or the fine is not paid before the court date, you or your attorney are required to appear before the court.
- On the scheduled court date, the defendant will be required to enter a plea to the charge. The three pleas available are:
- Not guilty
- Nolo contendere
- When entering the courtroom, defendants will receive a waiver of rights form which must be filled out, read, and signed.
- When the defendant is called to the bench, they will be questioned by the judge to ensure an understanding of the rights being waived and that the waiver is being made voluntarily.
- If the judge accepts a guilty plea or nolo contendere plea, the defendant will be sentenced and the case will be disposed of.
- If a not-guilty plea is offered, the trial will be scheduled for a future date in the Municipal Court and the case will be heard by the Municipal Court Judge.
- Defendants sentenced to probation must meet with the probation officer before being excused from court.
- The disposition of the case will be forwarded to the appropriate agency, such as the Department of Driver Services.
Forms of Payment
The following methods of payment are permitted:
- Money Order
- Certified Check
- Credit or Debit Card (in person only)
If time allows, you may be permitted to go to an ATM machine
Failure to Appear in Court
If a defendant fails to appear on the scheduled court date, a warrant for arrest will be issued and the Department of Driver Services will be notified, resulting in possible driver's license suspension. Therefore, the defendant should contact the court office immediately.
- Can I reschedule my court date?