The City of Chamblee offers a 100% exemption to seniors and disabled residential homeowners on city property taxes. This exemption applies to city property taxes only and is not related to the property tax exemptions offered by the county. Chamblee residents who are 65 or older or disabled qualify for this exemption if they live in owner-occupied homes. The exemptions must be updated every three years. The renewal request resumes for residents located on streets A-E.
To qualify for exemption:
- All parties listed on the property deed must be 65 years or older on January 1, 2024 or be 100% disabled as declared by the SSA or VA.
- The owner(s) must qualify for homestead exemption by living in the home as the owner. Secondary homes and rental properties do not qualify for exemptions.
Applicant must provide both items below as supporting documents:
- Driver's license or state ID for all owners listed on the deed
- Recent utility bill
The deadline to apply for the exemption is March 1, 2024.
- Email Erin Barnes at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Ways to Apply:
- In person at Chamblee City Hall, 3518 Broad Street, Chamblee, GA 30341
- By mail: mail application, copy of ID, and utility bill to 3518 Broad Street, Chamblee, GA 30341
- Online submission: https://main.govpilot.com/web/public/b7eb2537-410_Senior-Exemption-Application-chambleecitydekalbga?uid=48266&ust=GA&pu=1&id=0