Step 1: Apply for Occupational Tax Certificate
- Begin the process of applying for an Occupational Tax Certificate by visiting the Online Business License Portal.
Step 2: Apply for the Chamblee Alcohol License Online
- All applicants for new alcohol licenses will begin the application process for their City of Chamblee Alcohol License by creating an account in the Alcohol Licensing Portal.
- At the beginning of the application process, the applicant will be prompted to pay the nonrefundable $200.00 Administrative & Investigative Fee.
- If you have any questions throughout the application process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 3: Apply for the State Alcohol License Online
- All applicants for new alcohol licenses and special events permits that include alcohol consumption will begin their alcohol license application by visiting the Georgia Tax Center website at: https://gtc.dor.ga.gov.
- On the website above, applicants will either “Register a New Georgia Business” or “Register an Existing Business”.
- For more information on registering a new or existing business and submitting a new alcohol license application through the State’s online portal, please see this attachment: How to Register a Retail Alcohol License Account.
- Please note: State alcohol licensing fees are due at the time of registration. City alcohol licensing fees are due once a complete application has been approved for license issuance.
Step 4: Fingerprinting + Background Check
- All listed applicants must be fingerprinted by the Georgia Application Processing Services (GAPS).
- Once the complete application is submitted, the Revenue and Licensing Officer will provide you with more information on how to schedule your GAPS fingerprinting appointment.
Step 5: Onsite Inspection by Chamblee Police Department
- Once the background check and fingerprinting process has been completed, the Revenue and Licensing Officer will forward the complete application packet to the Chamblee Police Department for them to perform the onsite inspection.
Step 6: Pay City of Chamblee Alcohol Licensing Fees
- As part of the alcohol license application on the State’s online portal, applicants will be asked to review the local alcohol licensing payment information. Once you have submitted your online application through the State’s online portal, applicants must submit the license fees directly to the City of Chamblee via the Alcohol Licensing Portal. You will receive your local license via email within two business days of receipt of payment.
Step 7: Fully Investigated and Finalized Applications are Forwarded to the Department of Revenue Alcohol Licensing Portal (ALP)
- Our Revenue and Licensing Officer will conduct a full review of the application and all supporting documentation. If the application meets the City’s requirements, then the issued privilege license will be forwarded to the Department of Revenue ALP for submission. The local license will be approved in the ALP, and the process will continue with the Department of Revenue to receive the state alcohol license.
Step 8: State of Georgia Alcohol License
- After you have received your local City of Chamblee alcohol license, please revisit the State application through the Georgia Tax Center website (https://gtc.dor.ga.gov) for further and final requirements needed to obtain your State alcohol license.
Step 9: Employee Serving Permits are Required
- All employees selling or serving alcoholic beverages are required to have an alcohol beverage handling permit. Please schedule an appointment with the City of Chamblee’s Police Department Records Section by calling 770-986-5005. Appointments are available Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday between the hours of 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM.
- Alcohol Beverage Serving Permits are $75.00. The charge is separated into two payments. One payment of $25.00 is for the application fee, photo, and permit card paid to the City of Chamblee via cash, credit card, or money order. The second payment for $50.00 is paid to GAPS via credit or debit card for the fingerprinting process. The Handling Permit will be available within two business days after fingerprints are submitted.
Step 10: Alcohol Excise Tax Forms Due Monthly for Consumption on Premises for Liquor by the Drink
- All establishments with a consumption on premises alcohol license for distilled spirits must submit an Alcohol Beverage by the Drink Excise Tax Form to the City of Chamblee Finance Department by the 20th day of each month reporting for the preceding month.
- Download a copy of the Alcohol Beverage by the Drink Excise Tax Reporting Form.
- Please mail your completed reporting form to:
Atlanta, GA 30321-0651
How to Renew An Existing Alcohol License
- To begin the process of renewing your existing alcohol license you will need to access the Alcohol Licensing Portal.