Due to technical difficulties, the July 25th Public Art Commission Meeting will not be recorded or livestreamed. We are working on resolving this issue. We strongly encourage online viewers to attend the meeting in-person. We will also post a recap of the meeting on our social media platforms the following day. Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

Special Event Permit + Block Party Notification

The City of Chamblee welcomes and encourages Special Events and Block Parties, which builds a sense of community and create an environment that fosters Chamblee pride. 
About Special Event Permits
A special event is any activity organized by a for profit or nonprofit that occurs upon public or private property and affects the ordinary use of public streets, right-of-way, or sidewalks. Special Events also include any activity where tickets are sold or alcohol is present.

Special Events include but are not limited to activities such as:
  • Run and Walk Events
  • Bicycle Events
  • Concerts
  • Fairs
  • Holiday Celebrations
  • Festivals
  • Parades
  • Triathlons/Biathlons
  • Concerts
  • Certain Outdoor Business Promotional Events
  • Assemblies
Individuals or groups whishing to hold events on public or private property that impact roads, and/or include the use of alcohol within the city limits is required to submit a Special Event Permit application no less than 60 days prior to the proposed event, but no more than one year in advance. Before beginning the application, please review the below steps:

  1. Click HERE to complete a Special Event Pre-Application and click. This is the first step and must be completed and approved before completing the Special Event Permit Application. The Pre-Application will deem whether a Permit Application needs to be completed. 
  2. Click the "Start Application" button. You will then need to create your FREE Eventeny account. Be sure to write down your login username and password as Eventeny will be used throughout the Special Event Application process. A credit card will be needed to create an Eventeny account, which will be used for processing the applications.
  3. The Pre-Application non-refundable fee is $75.00, due upon review and approval via Eventeny. 
  4. Upon approval, a Special Event Permit Application will need to be completed, which can be found HERE. Please pay close attention to any supplemental applications that may need to be attached. 
  5. Upon review and approval via the Eventeny website, a non-refundable fee of $200 (nonprofits) or $300 (standard) will be charged to the card on file. 
  6. A Special Event Permit will then be emailed to the email on file. Permits may also be printed out and picked up at Chamblee City Hall. 

If the proposed event includes alcohol or temporary structures/signage, please review the below permits:
  • Temporary Alcohol Permit
  • Temporary Alcohol Permit for Nonprofits
  • Temporary Structure Permit
  • Temporary Sign Permit

Block Party NotificationsA block party involves any activity hosted by a neighborhood or apartment complex in the city limits that has less than 100 people in attendance. Block parties do not require a permit, but do require the completion of the Block Party Notification form. The intent of the form is to notify city staff of large gatherings in the community that may need city services (i.e., notification of temporary street closure). Notifications must be submitted at least sixty (60) days prior to the proposed date.

If your community is hosting a block party, please review the below requirements before completing the notification form:

    • An Applicant shall be limited to:
      •  A resident within the neighborhood of the block party location.
    • The block party location shall be limited to:
      • A maximum area no greater than three blocks of a residential street that allows for no more than one lane of traffic in either direction, excluding turn lanes.
      •  A residential street(s) where no transit routes, commercial facilities, hospitals, police stations, fire stations, or direct access to a public park entrance and exits.
      •  An area where the street closure would not “lock-in” entrance or exit to a non-involved street(s).
    • The hours of operation of a block party shall be limited to:
      • One (1) day only.
      • 9:00 AM—11:00 PM (including set-up and clean-up)
    • Block party attendees shall be:
      • Private, meaning the Block Party is not open to the general public and the applicant is responsible for ensuring all attendees are invited guests.
      • Free, meaning no type of payment is required for entrance or participation. Paid sponsorship is prohibited. Voluntary donations from invited guests may be accepted by the applicant to off-set Block Party costs; however, no guest shall be required to make such donation as a condition of attendance. The sale of food via food trucks or catering businesses is permitted.
    • The Applicant shall ensure:
      • Upon a complaint by any reasonable person, the Applicant must ensure any sound is turned down to a more acceptable level or eliminated altogether (Ord. No. 743 , 12-19-17).
      • Parked or moving vehicles shall not be located inside of the block party location during the event.
      • The placement of any furniture, activities or equipment on a street(s) shall be such that an unobstructed lane or clear path of travel is accessible by an emergency vehicle throughout the block party location.
      • All storm drains within the block party location shall be covered to preclude the discharge of pollutant/liquids into the storm drain system, unless there is a chance of rain in order to comply with local, state, and federal regulations. Any materials used to block a storm drain shall be removed from the location upon conclusion of the event.
      • The block party location shall be clean, free of equipment, and restored to public access immediately upon conclusion of the event.
      • Any barricades shall be provided by the Applicant or other members of the associated neighborhood.
    • The Applicant shall:
      • Show proof of residency within the Block Party Venue. Proof of residency shall consist of a minimum of two (2) of the following:
        • Current utility/household bill (i.e., water, gas, electric, cable, etc.); and/or
        • State issued driver’s license
      • Create a computer generated or hand-drawn scaled site plan depicting:
      • Name and location of street(s) to be closed.
      • Location of furniture, activities, or equipment. Any inflatable/play equipment such as, but not limited to, a jump house, slide, or climbing wall shall be specifically identified.
      • Location of safety equipment such as barricades to close street(s)
      • Location of an unobstructed lane or clear path of travel sufficient for access by an emergency vehicle throughout the block party venue.
      • Location of trash receptacles including separate trash and recycling receptacles.
    • Agree to comply with all local, state, and federal, laws, codes, and regulations associated with the block party.

Block Party Notification Form