City Clerk's Office
The City Clerk's Office seeks to be an efficient and customer-focused resource that promotes transparency, innovation, and timely solutions for Chamblee's residents as well as the City Council and staff to become an exceptional example in the profession for other cities.
City Clerk's Office Mission
The mission of the City Clerk's Office is to provide an innovative and transparent records management system, support effective legislative processes, and serve both the internal and external customers of the city to ensure trust, professionalism, and quality customer service.
City Clerk's Office Responsibilities
- Prepares agendas for all scheduled of the Mayor and Council
- Prepares and maintains minutes for all official meetings of the Mayor and Council
- Serves as the records management officer, providing unrestricted access to public records, code books, and documents; maintaining records; processing open records requests; and preparing reports as required by other government agencies
- Coordinates the Records Management and Retention Program
- Prepares Notices for Publication in the city legal organ, The Champion Newspaper
- Serves as the City Election Superintendent and chief registrar in coordinating elections and complying with federal and state guidelines and laws on elections and voting rights
- The City Clerk is the contact for qualifying candidates for city elections
- Interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals, such as the City Manager, department directors, elected officials, DeKalb County agencies, state agencies, and the general public