Council Meetings Overview
- Public Hearing: Formal proceeding held in order to receive comments from all interested parties in matters related to planning and development.
- Work Session: Items are presented by city staff and discussed by the Mayor and Council.
- Regular Meetings: Action is taken on matters discussed during the Public Hearing and Work Session.
- Public Comment: Each meeting includes public comment. Public comment is a monologue from a community member or interested party regarding various matters.
- Executive Session: Sessions held within a meeting to discuss matters such as real estate, personnel, and litigation. These sessions are held as needed and are closed to the public.
All council meetings are livestreamed to the City website. To view the Council Meeting or review archived meetings, click the image below:
About Agendas & Minutes
City Council Public Hearing and Work Session and Regular Meeting agendas can be viewed the Monday prior to the Thursday evening meeting and the Monday prior to the Tuesday Regular Meeting. To view upcoming and archived agendas, please click here.
Minutes from the previous month's meetings are maintained by the City Clerk's Office and are available to review the Wednesday after the Tuesday night City Council Regular Meeting. To view archived meeting minutes, please click here.
About Public Comment
The City of Chamblee conducts public comment in person during all Public Hearings, Work Sessions, Regular Meetings, and Special Called Meetings. Public comment is designed as a monologue and not a dialogue with the Mayor and City Council. The public is encouraged to communicate with the Mayor and City Council if they would like to have a two-way conversation. View the Mayor and City Council's contact information here.
To provide public comment at the next Public Hearing, Work Session, Regular Meeting, and/or Special Called Meeting, please attend the scheduled meeting and bring a copy of the comment form below or fill out the form prior to approaching the podium to speak.
Public Comment Form: Please print, complete the form in its entirety, and present it to the City Clerk before approaching the podium during the Public Comment portion of the agenda.