A special event is any organized for profit or not-for-profit activity having as its purpose entertainment, recreation, and/or education, which takes place on public or private property, but requires special public services, such as the use of parks, public streets, rights-of-ways or sidewalks; or if you are selling tickets to or alcohol at the event.
Special events include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Run and Walk Events- Cycling Events- Street Festivals/Parades- Triathlons/Biathlons- Concerts- Assemblies - Block Parties
The City of Chamblee has reopened applications for special event permits. For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You may submit your applications with the required documents in person or by mail to City Hall located at 5468 Peachtree Road, Chamblee, GA 30341. While City Hall has reopened, we are continuing to limit in-person interactions and are temporarily accepting applications via email. Applications must be submitted 60 days prior to the planned event to ensure proper review.
For questions related to the special event permit application, process or scheduled events, please contact Brittney Lindsay at email@example.com, or by phone at 470-395-2314.
Temporary Outdoor Sales/Seasonal Event
Seasonal activities generally refer to private or nonprofit events of community interest including carnivals, health fairs and holiday fairs. Temporary outdoor sales events include outdoor retail sales and services such as markets or sidewalk sales and must meet the following regulations:
1. Outdoor retail display of goods may be permitted in the front yard of retail sales establishments for temporary display of merchandise or items designed for exterior display.
2. Outdoor retail display of goods are only permitted as accessory uses to tenants having an occupational tax certificate on the subject property.
3. Outdoor retail display of goods shall not comprise more than 50 square feet.
4. Outdoor retail display of goods shall provide a minimum of 5 feet of unobstructed clear passage on sidewalks/walkways.
5. Outdoor retail display of goods shall not be left out overnight.
If your event falls under the category of a temporary outdoor sales/seasonal event, please fill out the Temporary Outdoor Sales/Seasonal Event Application. You can submit this application and required documents to the Planning and Development Department by visitng https://chamblee.portal.iworq.net/CHAMBLEE/new-permit/601/908,
For questions related to the temporary outdoor sales/seasonal event application or process, please contact the Planning and Development Department at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 770-986-5010.