Special Event Permit
**For special event permit applications for temporary outdoor seating areas for restaurants due to social distancing requirements related to the COVID-19 Virus, please see the following link:**
For questions related to the special event permit application, process or scheduled events, please contact Katie Sears at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 470-395-2342. You may also visit us in person at City Hall located at 5468 Peachtree Road, Chamblee, GA 30341.
Special Event Permit Applications
A special event is any organized for profit or not-for-profit activity having as its purpose entertainment, recreation and/or education, which takes place on public or private property, but requires special public services, such as the use of parks, public streets, rights-of-ways or sidewalks; or if you are selling tickets to or alcohol at the event.
Special events include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Run and Walk Events
- Cycling Events
- Street Festivals/Parades
- Block Parties
The City of Chamblee has reopened applications for Special Event Permits. We have moved to an online application system via Eventeny. Applications must be submitted 60 days prior to the planned event to ensure proper review. Please follow the below steps to completing a Special Event Permit Application:
- Click HERE to complete a Special Event Pre-Application and click. This is the first step and must be completed and approved before completing the Special Event Permit Application. The Pre-Application will deem whether a Permit Application needs to be completed.
- Click the "Start Application" button. You will then need to create your FREE Eventeny account. Be sure to write down your login username and password as Eventeny will be used throughout the Special Event Application process. A credit card will be needed to create an Eventeny account, which will be used for processing the applications.
- The Pre-Application non-refundable fee is $75.00, due upon review and approval via Eventeny.
- Upon approval, a Special Event Permit Application will need to be completed, which can be found HERE. Please pay close attention to any supplemental applications that may need to be attached.
- Upon review and approval via the Eventeny website, a non-refundable fee of $200 (nonprofits) or $300 (standard) will be charged to the card on file.
- A Special Event Permit will then be emailed to the email on file. Permits may also be printed out and picked up at Chamblee City Hall.
Other Special Event Documents
Please note that not all of the below applications may be necessary for your application process: