Special Event Permit

**For special event permit applications for temporary outdoor seating areas for restaurants due to social distancing requirements related to the COVID-19 Virus, please see the following link:**

Special Event Application for Temporary Outdoor Seating Areas

For questions related to the special event permit application, process or scheduled events, please contact Katie Sears at ksears@chambleega.gov or by phone at 470-395-2342. You may also visit us in person at City Hall located at 5468 Peachtree Road, Chamblee, GA 30341.

Special Event Permit Applications

A special event is any organized for profit or not-for-profit activity having as its purpose entertainment, recreation and/or education, which takes place on public or private property, but requires special public services, such as the use of parks, public streets, rights-of-ways or sidewalks; or if you are selling tickets to or alcohol at the event.

Special events include, but are not limited to, the following:

  • Run and Walk Events
  • Cycling Events
  • Street Festivals/Parades
  • Triathlons/Biathlons
  • Concerts
  • Assemblies
  • Block Parties

The City of Chamblee has reopened applications for Special Event Permits. We have moved to an online application system via Eventeny.  Applications must be submitted 60 days prior to the planned event to ensure proper review. Please follow the below steps to completing a Special Event Permit Application: 

  1. Click HERE to complete a Special Event Pre-Application and click. This is the first step and must be completed and approved before completing the Special Event Permit Application. The Pre-Application will deem whether a Permit Application needs to be completed. 
  2. Click the "Start Application" button. You will then need to create your FREE Eventeny account. Be sure to write down your login username and password as Eventeny will be used throughout the Special Event Application process. A credit card will be needed to create an Eventeny account, which will be used for processing the applications.
  3. The Pre-Application non-refundable fee is $75.00, due upon review and approval via Eventeny. 
  4. Upon approval, a Special Event Permit Application will need to be completed, which can be found HERE. Please pay close attention to any supplemental applications that may need to be attached. 
  5. Upon review and approval via the Eventeny website, a non-refundable fee of $200 (nonprofits) or $300 (standard) will be charged to the card on file. 
  6. A Special Event Permit will then be emailed to the email on file. Permits may also be printed out and picked up at Chamblee City Hall. 

Other Special Event Documents 

Please note that not all of the below applications may be necessary for your application process:

Temporary Outdoor Sales/Seasonal Event

Seasonal activities generally refer to private or nonprofit events of community interest including carnivals, health fairs and holiday fairs. Temporary outdoor sales events include outdoor retail sales and services such as markets or sidewalk sales and must meet the following regulations:

1. Outdoor retail display of goods may be permitted in the front yard of retail sales establishments for temporary display of merchandise or items designed for exterior display.
2. Outdoor retail display of goods are only permitted as accessory uses to tenants having an occupational tax certificate on the subject property.
3. Outdoor retail display of goods shall not comprise more than 50 square feet.
4. Outdoor retail display of goods shall provide a minimum of 5 feet of unobstructed clear passage on sidewalks/walkways.
5. Outdoor retail display of goods shall not be left out overnight.

If your event falls under the category of a temporary outdoor sales/seasonal event, please fill out the Temporary Outdoor Sales/Seasonal Event Application. You can submit this application and required documents to the Planning and Development Department by visiting https://chamblee.portal.iworq.net/CHAMBLEE/new-permit/601/908,

For questions related to the temporary outdoor sales/seasonal event application or process, please contact the Planning and Development Department at: chambleedevelopment@chambleega.gov or by phone at: 770-986-5010