This July, it’s Game On at local parks and recreation centers nationwide during National Park and Recreation Month, an initiative of the National Parks and Recreation Association (NRPA). To kick off the month-long celebration, Chamblee offers several tips to get in the game and discover the benefits of Chamblee’s Parks and Recreation Department:
- Visit Chamblee’s Parks and Recreation website at https://www.chambleega.com/496/Parks-and-Recreation or visit the registration page at www.chambleerec.com
- Follow Chamblee’s Parks and Recreation Department through the City of Chamblee Facebook and Instagram pages
- Sign up to receive the Chamblee E-newsletter which has information about Chamblee’s Parks and Recreation Department
- Talk to an employee at one of Chamblee’s 10 parks
- Celebrate Park and Recreation Professionals Day on Friday, July 17th by honoring those dedicated professionals who work tirelessly behind the scenes to provide the high-quality programs and infrastructure
- Participate in one or all of Chamblee’s “July Is” Events, then share your experience online using the hashtag #GameOnJuly
“July Is” Programs and Events Include:
- 31 in 31 Challenge – walk/run/jog 31 miles in 31 days. Keep track of your own mileage by taking a picture of your Fitbit, Apple Watch, etc., as well as logging your miles. The first 50 families to register will receive a Mad Italian gift card and once the challenge is completed, you will be entered to win a Mad Italian T-shirt. Also, for bragging rights, the City of Chamblee will be competing against the City of Brookhaven and the City of Dunwoody to see who gets the most registrants.
- Whodunnit Scavenger Hunt – July 1 - July 31 – (registration required) - This scavenger hunt is full of puzzles, mazes and other challenges that are sure to test your brain and take you throughout the city. Average time of completion is 3 hours.
- July 9th – Painting in the Park- Join us for “Painting in the Park” with “Painting with a Twist- Dunwoody” from 7:00 – 8:30pm. Choose either Pete or Penelope the Dragon to paint. $30 per person.
- July 17th - Movie Night at Keswick Park Soccer Field – (pre-registration required) – Movie is “Dolittle” – Gates open at 8pm – Movie starts at 8:45pm.
- July 25th - Keswick Park Forest Induction into the Old-Growth Forest Network at 10am – Keswick Park Nature Trail Head near soccer field.
We hope to see you all out in our parks to celebrate National Park and Recreation Month this July!