Citizens Police Academy
The Chamblee Police Department is now accepting applications for the upcoming Citizens Police Academy. Each of the six classes is designed to provide participants an opportunity to learn about modern-day policing and gives a glimpse into the everyday life of a Chamblee police officer. Attendees will be offered a ride-along with a Chamblee police officer.
"The Chamblee Police Department Citizens Police Academy has become an integral part of the Community Policing Model embraced by the department. Residents gain insight into the department and the department has a growing pool of volunteers having an intimate knowledge of police operations and opportunities,” said Chamblee Police Chief Kerry Thomas. “This is a great example of the acceptance of a shared responsibility. Residents and police working together to make our community safer. I encourage those who live or work in Chamblee to participate in this fun and exciting activity."
The class coordinator is Lt. Guy Antinozzi, Patrol Division Supervisor and Training Division Instructor, a eight-year veteran of the Chamblee Police Department. Other Chamblee Police Officers will provide instruction in areas in which they are subject-matter experts. Apply today to reserve your spot in the class!
- April 20 - May 25
- 6-8 p.m., Wednesday nights
Arrow Creek Community Room, Community Room
4445 Buford Highway, Chamblee, GA 30341
- Chamblee Police Department Organization and Command Structure and COMPSTAT
- Criminal Procedure, Police Encounters and Laws of Arrest
- Patrol Division
- Criminal Investigation Division and Crime Scene Unit
- Dispatch and Municipal Court
- DUI Enforcement, COPS and Park Rangers
- Homelessness, Mental Health, and the Co-Responder Program, Chaplain Program
- Quality of Life Crimes, Gangs and Narcotics Enforcement
- Be 18 years of age by the first day of class
- Participants must live or work in Chamblee
- Be able to provide a government-issued photo identification card
- Submit to a limited background investigation including:
- Criminal history
- Driving history
- Be approved by Lt. Guy Antinozzi after successfully completing the background investigation
For questions or more information, contact Lt. Guy Antinozzi at: 770-241-4563 or firstname.lastname@example.org.