Special Pickups & Yard Waste
Special Pickups are oversized loads of various waste ranging from tree trimmings to household items that weigh 50 lbs. and above. These items are not in the standard scope of waste that is picked up with everyday waste.
Please place all items for pickup as near as possible to the street or sidewalk right-of-way, making sure not to block the street or sidewalk. Chamblee Public Works employees will NOT enter your home or backyard to retrieve your Special Pickup waste.
Please do not mix yard waste with construction or household debris.
Special Pickup items include, but are not limited to:
- Tree branches (longer than 4 feet with a circumference of more than 6 inches)
- Mulch, dirt, straw, rock, concrete, and bricks
- Any bagged yard waste that exceeds 50 lbs.
- Household furniture items (couches, lounge chairs, tables, drawer sets, desks, etc.)
- Construction/remodeling debris
- Washers, dryers, refrigerators, and freezers
Pricing is based on the size and weight of the waste, as well as the equipment and personnel utilized to successfully and safely complete the pickup.
Any Special Pickup that requires the use of the grapple truck will have a minimum price of $65. All other pricing is as follows:
- Minimum - $55
- TV's and computer monitors - $10 each
- Items containing freon - $20 each
The Public Works Department will only accept payment in the form of a check or money order, payable to the City of Chamblee. Please make sure your current address and phone number are on the check.
Call the Public Works Department at 770-986-5019 to schedule a pickup.
- Yard trimmings not being retained by the property owner for mulch may be placed at the street curb for collection. Yard waste may be placed or piled neatly at curbside for pickup.
- Tree limbs, clippings, and trash of this category shall be cut by the property owner into lengths not more than four feet. All trash and cuttings shall be placed as near as possible to the street or sidewalk right-of-way adjacent to the property owner's property but not so as to get into the street or block the sidewalk. At no time shall trash be placed in the gutters, drains, walkways, alleys, or streets of the city.
- It shall be unlawful to place or mix yard trimmings with garbage or leaves within the city.
- Leaves are to be placed at curbside, but not in the street or on the sidewalk. Leaves will be collected by machines. Leaves may be placed in PAPER bags for pickup.
- Grass, leaves, and straw must be separated from shrubbery and tree cuttings when placed at curbside for pick up.
- Yard waste will be picked up on the same day as trash and recycle.