Special Pickups & Yard Waste
What is a Special Pickup?
Special Pickups are loads of various waste ranging from tree trimmings to household items not in the standard scope of waste that is picked up with everyday waste. These pickups can range in size from 50 lbs in weight or greater.
The Chamblee Public Works Sanitation Division asks for all items to be placed for pickup as near as possible to the street or sidewalk right-of-way, in a matter as to not block the street or sidewalk. Chamblee Public Works personnel will NOT enter your home or backyard to retrieve your special pickup waste.
Please do not mix yard waste with construction/household debris.
Special Pickup Items include but are not limited to:
- Tree Branches (longer than 4 ft and larger circumference than 6 inches);
- Mulch, dirt, straw, rock, concrete, or brick piles;
- Bagged yard waste that exceeds 50 pounds;
- Household furniture items (couches, lounge chairs, tables, drawer sets, desks etc.);
- Construction/remodeling debris;
Call the Public Works Department at 770-986-5019 to schedule a Special Pickup.
Special Pickup Pricing:
Pricing is based on waste size/weight as well as equipment and personnel used to safely complete the pickup.
Small Special Pickups: The pickups in this category are approximately a pickup truck size load—costs begin at $35 + $10 for each additional trip (includes: household appliances, small piles of construction debris, furniture, cinder blocks etc.).
Medium Special Pickups: The pickups in this category are approximately a packer truck size load—costs begin at $55 + $10 for each additional trip (includes: large brush piles, large furniture items, construction debris, etc.).
Large Special Pickups: The pickups in this category are approximately a grapple truck size load—costs begin at $65 + $10 for each additional trip (includes: large brush piles, “Move outs” multiple furniture items, multiple appliances, large waste piles large construction debris).
TV/Computer Monitors—There is a $10 fee for each TV or computer monitor.
*Any pickup that requires the use of the grapple truck has a minimum price of $65.
The City of Chamblee Public Works Department only accepts payment in the form of checks or money orders. Please make sure the address and telephone number associated to your pickup are noted clearly on your check/money order. Checks/money orders should be made out to “City of Chamblee.”
- Yard trimmings not being retained by the property owner for mulch may be placed at the street curb for collection. Yard waste may be placed or piled neatly at curbside for pickup.
- Tree limbs, clippings, and trash of this category shall be cut by the property owner into lengths not more than four feet. All trash and cuttings shall be placed as near as possible to the street or sidewalk right-of-way adjacent to the property owner's property but not so as to get into the street or block the sidewalk. At no time shall trash be placed in the gutters, drains, walkways, alleys, or streets of the city.
- It shall be unlawful to place or mix yard trimmings with garbage or leaves within the city.
- Leaves are to be placed at curbside, but not in the street or on the sidewalk. Leaves will be collected by machines. Leaves may be placed in PAPER bags for pickup.
- Grass, leaves, and straw must be separated from shrubbery and tree cuttings when placed at curbside for pick up.
- Yard waste will be picked up on the same day as trash and recycle.