City Council Meetings
- 7:30 pm
- Third Tuesday of every month
- Civic Center
Agendas & Minutes
View All Agendas and Minutes
About the Meetings
The Mayor and City Council wish to encourage citizen participation in all meetings; the business of the City of Chamblee is your business. It is important to understand the purpose of each meeting:
- The agenda of the regular council meeting closes at noon on the Thursday prior to the work session. Items, other than standing items, are placed on the agenda by the elected officials. If you are interested in having an item placed on the agenda, contact the Council member in your district.
- A work session on the agenda is held on the Thursday prior to the Regular Council meeting at 6:00 p.m. at the Civic Center. At this work session, all interested parties are encouraged to ask questions or comment on any agenda item which is of interest to them. No action is taken at the work session; the purpose is for the elected officials to determine if they have all the information necessary to take action at the Regular Meeting and, if not, to obtain the information prior to Tuesday.
- The regular monthly meeting of the mayor and City Council is held on the third Tuesday at 7:30 pm at the Civic Center. Official action is taken by the Council on agenda items at this meeting. Citizen comment is accepted at the end of the agenda.
- If other meetings or public hearings are called by the council, notice of the date, time, and location will be sent to the press and a notice placed on the doors of the Civic Center and City Hall. The notice will also be placed on this website.